Engineer Diary advised. following points may be noted when you encounter the flood in your residence.
1. If the water level inside your house reaches ankle level, It's time to leave.
2. Pack a small bag with couple days worth of cloths, toiletries, water, torch, phone charger.
3. Take as much cash as you can from your home.
4. Move all your essential documents to high ground and cover the same with plastic or keep inside the plastic bag.
5. Switch off electric mains and inverters before leaving, even if electricity is gone.
6. Keep as little as possible in the fridge.
7. Properly close all doors and windows before leaving. Objects can float in or out.
8. Secure/bring in outdoor furniture or other items that might float away and become a potential hazard.
9. Do not walk through moving water. Just six inches of moving water can knock you down, and two feet water can sweep your vehicle away.
10. Do not take shelter in a car. The power locking system can jam and trap you inside.
11. Do not try to drive over a flooded road. If your car stalls, abandon it immediately and seek an alternate route.
12. When you leave your home take one cup of sugar and salt (Equivalent quantity of both).
Please note that mixed water of salt and sugar will survive you two days minimum without food.