This article is for beginners of this construction industry. Being a Construction Engineer / Structural Engineer we have to work with different type of steel section. Different type of steel sections are listed below and also mentioned how it designated along with examples.
1. ISJB - Indian Standard Junior Beams
2. ISLB - Indian Standard Light Weight Beams
3. ISMB - Indian Standard Medium Weight Beams
4. ISWB - Indian Standard Wide Flange Beams
5. ISHB - Indian Standard Heavy Weight Beams
Beams will be designated by Type - Web size X Flange size (Eg. ISMB 600X210)
PARALLEL FLANGE BEAMS
1. NPB - Indian Standard Narrow Parallel Flange Beams.
2. WPB - Indian Standard Wide Parallel Flange Beams
3. UB - Universal Beams4. UC - Universal Columns
Parallel Flange Beams will be designated by Type - Web size X Flange size X Unit Weight (Eg. UB 610X229X125)
1. ISA Indian Standard Equal Angle
1. ISJC Indian Standard Junior Channel
2. ISLC Indian Standard Light Weight Channel
3. ISMC Indian Standard Medium Weight Channel
Channels will be designated by Type –Web size X Flange size (Eg. ISMC 100X50)
1. ISCR Indian Standard Crane Rail
2. ISHR Indian Standard Heavy Rail
Rails will be designated by Type –Head size (Eg. ISCR 100)
Plates will be designated by Thickness (Eg. Plate 10)
Flats will be designated by Width X Thickness (Eg. Flat 100X6)
ISRO Indian Standard Round
Round Bar will be designated by Diameter (Eg. ISRO 50)
Hex.Bar will be designated by one side size (Eg. Hex. Bar 50)
Square Bar will be designated by one side size (Eg. Sq. Bar 100)
SQUARE HOLLOW BAR
Square Hollow bar will be designated by Sq.Bar– Face1 size X Face size2 X Thickness (Eg. Sq.Bar 50X50X2)
RECTANGULAR HOLLOW SECTION
Rectangular Hollow bar will be designated by Rect. Bar– Face1 size X Face size2 X Thickness (Eg.Rect. Sq.Bar 100X50X2)
Hope this information may useful to you. More details like unit weight and other properties will follow my next articles.
Wish you all the best.
Way To Happiness.
5 days ago